Saturday, June 28, 2014

Honesty is today's special

If you are reading the dates of how often I post, you can see it's been a few years. A lot has changed, kids grew, careers changed, and my marriage is in a coma. Sad? Meh - I've tried everything to save it, but it takes two people to make it work and I'm only one, so I'm moving into the direction of consciously uncoupling. I'm finishing my degree, kids are getting closer to graduating, and I'm looking towards the Great Northwest as my new home.

I've been quite content and busy wrapping up things here that I wasn't quite prepared for what Summer would be like as a student. See, before I took care of my kids, but now one has graduated and the other is in High School which means neither wants or needs me around. Here's the sad part, I think I'm suffering from early Empty Nest Syndrome. No one has moved out, but in the span of a few days, no one needs me and I'm free to have my own life. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!!! Seriously, this stuff usually creeps up slowly when finally the last one leaves, but not as quick as this.

So, I'm a smart, resourceful woman and I called my friends, made plans, started a diet, resumed my workout regimen and guess what? I'm bored. I'm embarrassed to even admit it, because I usually tell people that "boredom is the step right before creativity", but I'm like a little lost puppy. I went on Meetup to find activities and found a million reasons why I didn't want to go, I even went on a dating site hoping to meet a kindred spirit to bum around with - and for the first time ever, got no responses to my profile. Now I'm bordering on whiny depression. Good news is on my diet I've lost 7 lbs in 5 days. My workouts have my body feeling better than ever. What am I missing? Maybe I'll read a book, see a movie, and go on a road trip. That would help, new people and new spaces always make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment