Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Night With Jason Mraz


Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I wasn't the only one with Jason last night. As he told me, there were approximately 50,00 of our best friends there at the Hollywood Bowl also. Last night was the first time I saw him live and I'm amazed at how spectacular a show he puts on. Live is truly his forum, but I think he was being a bit cautious, because he flew his parents in from Virginia and had them in the front row. I'm guessing that was why it was a very G rated show. It was all good and I danced and sang the night away. I just love the way he can spin lyrics and put a funky tune together, he's truly gifted. Not to mention how he tries to teach us how to be better people - mostly by example. Little things like be nice to the planet, don't pollute our landfills with plastic water bottles, support your friends, & be grateful for what you have.


Next tour I plan on seeing him in at least two cities so I have an excuse for a mini vacation. I had planned on seeing Jason with the a friend who shares my enthusiasm for his music, but at the last moment she opted out. I didn't think finding a replacement would be difficult, BUT evidently not everyone knows who he is much less wanted to spend the evening in LA to see him. Seriously? I've spent the last year being completely obsessed with his music and devouring a new CD every few months, and I clearly speak to anyone and everyone who will listen about how I adore his music. So why didn't I know all my friends (sans one) hadn't a clue the boy existed? I'm guessing I spent more time talking and less time listening. The fantasy life in my head was more along the lines of everyone loved him and agreed with my feelings. We (I use the term loosely) agreed he was a wonderful human and gave the world beautiful music as a background to our own lives. Little did I know I was living entirely in my own head. Funny? Oh yeah. Bit scary? You bet.


I guess in all this I've learned I have a wonderful imagination, and I have no interest in changing that. Second I've learned that some of my best friends have no idea I even exist. I'll get into that more in another post because I'm not a social outcast or misfit. I am outgoing, cute, and rather smart, but I do have a desire to have friendships only found in sitcoms. Where any and all problems are solved in 30 minutes and with lots of laughs. That's the world I want to live in.


I want to extend my gratitude to Jason and all 50,000 of our friends who shared a beautiful evening under the stars with me. Good friends and great music - my life rocks!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. I connected through another blog I like the set up of your blog. The colors make it easy to read. Read my blog and see what you think. Leave a comment on something that I blog about so I know when you are updating yours.

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete